Thursday, October 15, 2009

Oliver so far.....







Hi everyone! Thanks to all who helped me help Oliver so far. Today I went to the vet in Derby to visit mr Oliver as i missed him so much. He went to the vet Tuesday morning for his shots and yesterday we got him spayed. he continues to do better with his injuries. found out the swelling on his leg was not a break but just a very infected joint. it has gone down significantly and the huge gash just above the swelling is healing nicely. he is going to stay at ElPaso Animal Clinic until a foster home/rescue can take him. I am waiting on one rescue to get back with me to see if they could work with him since apparently he was used as a bait dog. (he was meant to be the loser in a dog fighting ring) From the looks of him, he didn't win many fights. Oliver is used to every dog trying to kill him. He will need a lot of patience to bring him around. He is so loving and happy with every human. The lady in charge of looking after him daily is herself a bit bull owner and has worked for a pit bull rescue. she was so sweet with him. I tried to get some pictures of him with my camera phone but it was hard to get him to hold still. I got good pictures the first day cause he was so sad and hurt. he was more full of life today. oh and I almost forgot, Oliver weighed in today at 40lbs. that's 8lbs he has gained since i found him a week ago. yeah Oliver!! I could not have done all this if it not for the generous giving of so many of you. I feel so blessed to have found him. please pray that he can go into the right rescue that will work with him. he needs a chance.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Great news that Oliver continues to get better. I'm very relieved to hear the swelling in his leg is not a break -- hope the infection keeps healing well. Also good to hear that the gash on his leg is getting better.

You are so right that he deserves a chance. It tears me up to think about what he's had to go through to get to a safe place and somebody who is taking care of him and working to find him a home and help him get well. He has had a rough road.

I would love to see him again.

dougggie said...

he looks so much better & even happier since that first video! Really hope he gets the chance to live out his days somewhere safe with people who appreciate & love him back.